Leh Ladakh Tour Highlight
There are numerous tourist places to visit in Leh Ladakh, considered to be amongst the most beautiful, serene and blissful destinations in the world. With rivers like the Indus, Zanskar and Shyok cascading here, and the Himalayas acting as its backdrop, Leh is a treasure trove of mesmerising landscapes, dramatic natural views and vibrancy. Amongst the countless Leh tourist attractions is the famous Khardung La Pass, a magnetic hill that defies gravity. If you are seeking some peace and solace, visit the Shanti Stupa here, or head over to Kargil to pay your respects to the brave soldiers of the country. Or visit the Pangong Lake and soak in stunning views of the mountains and cloudy skies in the crystal-clear brackish waters of the lake. Due to the strong influence of Tibetan Buddhism, Leh is also known as Little Tibet or the Land of Lamas. Barren mountains with brightly painted gompas (or monasteries), fluttering prayer flags, rocky ridges, tiny settlements and the Indus River add to the overall charm of the region.
Leh Ladakh Tour Overview
Route: Leh – Sham Valley – Khardungla – Nubra Valley – Siachen – Pangong – Chang-la – Leh
Duration: 7 days & 6 nights
Start point: Leh Airport
Endpoint: Leh Airport
Passes Covered: Khardung-la (18,000 ft) | Chang-la (17,688 ft)
About the Tour:
With a journey to Siachen, the Highest Battlefield in the world, Leh-Ladakh features most of the world’s highest motorable passes with the spectacular beauty of snow-capped mountains. Admired for its unparalleled scenic views, pristine icy lakes, and swirling roads, Ladakh is becoming the most Instagrammable place in India and is on everyone’s bucket list. The unique thing about the Ladakh terrain is that it has mountains, forests, deserts, lakes, rivers, waterfalls in one beautiful and dynamic geography.
- After landing in Leh, get welcomed by a representative, who will help in smooth transfer to the hotel.
- Upon reaching your hotel, complete the check-in formalities and spend a relaxing day getting proper rest.
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast in the hotel and gradually get acclimatized to the climate.
- Ladakh is a region that is located at a high elevation and taking the altitude sickness in serious consideration, the whole day will be at leisure.
- In the evening, enjoy a lip-smacking dinner.
- Overnight stay at the hotel in Leh.
- Wake up to a beautiful morning in the mountains and have a hearty breakfast.
- Get ready for an adventurous drive to ‘Sham Valley’, which is beautifully nestled around the Srinagar – Leh highway.
- Start off the sightseeing by paying homage to the martyrs of the Indo-Pak War at the Hall of Fame.
- Visit the Spituk Gompa which also has a museum on the premises housing ancient masks, weapons and Thangkas (Buddhist Paintings).
- Enjoy delicious langar at Gurudwara Pathar Sahib and know the story behind the construction of this Gurudwara by the army.
- Another interesting place to visit today is Magnetic Hill, a small stretch of the road that defies the law of gravity.
- Visit Indus Sangam Viewpoint to watch the confluence of Zanskar and Indus Rivers.
- Visit SECMOL which is the real 3-idiots school.
- After a day filled with fun and adventure, return back to the hotel for dinner and an overnight stay in Leh.
- After having a healthy breakfast in the morning, get ready for the ultimate adventure.
- This journey will take you through some of the highest passes in the world and will greet you with the ever-changing views of the barren land.
- Take a stopover at the cafe on Khardung-La Pass, the world’s highest all-season motorable road and soak in the views as you will feel like on top of the world.
- As you descend from Khardung-la, experience a change in landscape from the barren cold desert to the white sand desert as you enter the Nubra Valley full of Nubra Sand Dunes.
- If time permits, visit the oldest and the largest monastery of Ladakh, the Diskit Monastery, which also houses a large Buddha statue.
- Enjoy the exquisite double-humped Bactrian Camel Ride, exclusively found in this region, as this region was a part of the famous silk route.
- Later enjoy camping with a bonfire under the sky full of stars.
- Overnight stay at the campsite in Nubra Valley.
- After a delectable breakfast, brace up for the ultimate adventure.
- Depart from Hunder towards Siachen Base Camp, known as the highest battlefield in the world, which is also one of the world’s longest mountain glaciers.
- Meet the army people and get to know about the daily life at the base camp
- Drive back to Nubra while visiting a natural hot spring, Panamic and enjoy a relaxing dip.
- Relish over the wholesome dinner and discuss your travel diaries over the table.
- Overnight stay at Nubra valley at a campsite.
- Wake up in the morning in the beautiful Nubra Valley and have a scrumptious breakfast.
- Get ready for the most awaited day as you will be visiting Pangong Lake on the Indo-China border.
- One of the highest altitude saline water lakes, Pangong Tso will greet you with its changing colours from shades of blue to green to red.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the surroundings of the Pangong Lake with the view of the Shyok river on one side and the mountains on another side.
- You can also recreate some of the moments from your favourite Bollywood movies like 3-idiots and Jab Tak Hai Jaan and enjoy the place in Bollywood style.
- Overnight stay and dinner at a campsite near Pangong Lake.
- Wake up in the morning to the beautiful Pangong Lake view and have a delicious breakfast.
- As you mark your way back to Leh, take a small stopover at the Chang-la Pass, which is one of the highest mountain passes in the world.
- You can also visit the Chang-la Cafe, located just on the Changla Pass.
- Visit the Changla Baba Temple on top, after which the pass got its name and is believed to be the guardian of the people visiting Chang La.
- Further, visit the Druk Padma School, famed for the movie ‘3 Idiots’ as the site where the last scene was shot.
- One can also visit the beautifully structured Thiksey Monastery en-route, if time permits.
- Upon reaching Leh, rest for some time followed by dinner at the hotel.
- Overnight stay at a hotel in Leh.
- After having your breakfast in the morning, complete the check out formalities at the hotel.
- Later, you will be transferred to the airport for your onwards journey.
- Fly out of Leh and say goodbye to your fellow travellers and this magical land.
We Make Traveling Easy
How to Reach:
The easiest way to travel to Ladakh is by air. The nearest airport is Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport (IXL) located in Leh. This airport is connected with many international airports in India like Delhi. It also receives flights from Srinagar, Jammu, Chandigarh, and other common destinations in India.
Leading The Way In Adventure
Cancellations must be intimated to us in writing.
Cancellation fee applicable is as follows:
90days or prior: Non refundable booking amount
30days or prior: 50% of the total booking amount
15days or prior: 75% of the total booking amount
- In the event that a tour participant cancels his / her booking or transfer from one tour to another will be treated as cancellation.
- In case you have to withdraw from a tour after it has begun for reasons such as illness. We regret that we are not able to make refunds for absences from a tour or for any missed sightseeing.
Any Questions? Let's Talk With Cup of Coffee
Leh Ladakh, Asia